For students and families who make the decision to attain a private school education the benefits are outstanding. Currently there are over 6 million students who are enrolled in private schools in the United States. Approximately 3.5 million students in grades K-12 enrolled in a private school are home schooled. This number has tripled in the last eight years.
Among the benefits private schools are able to provide a safe environment, which supports the family environment honoring morals and values. In addition, private education provides a motivating approach toward attaining academic excellence with limited distractions allowing students to score higher on standardized tests. Students are twice as likely to go on to college, and participate in community events on a larger scale demonstrating their desire to become involved citizens.
The facts dispel the myths that have stood in the way of thinking outside the box when it comes to attaining a private education.
· Ninety percent of private high school graduates attend college, compared to 66 percent of public high school graduates.
· Private schools produce an annual savings to taxpayers estimated at more than $48,000,000,000.
· Private schools are racially, ethnically, and economically diverse. Twenty-three percent of private school students are students of color; twenty-eight percent are from families with annual incomes under $50,000.
· The participation of private school students in community service projects is significantly higher than their public school counterparts.
· The fear of students being socially delayed if attending a private home school has become a myth since these students learn to get along with a wide variety of people, making them more socially mature and better able to handle new situations.
To learn more about On Track Private School education click here or call 888-325-0879.